So I know I suck but I actually want to write a story. Now I don’t know what I am going to write about but I know the start and end of it. In the start the protagonist (who is very much like me, coincidences!) is asked by someone, either by God or by Life itself – ‘What do you want from me?”. There are two options available to the protagonist. He can either say ‘Nothing’ or ‘Everything’. Ironically, the tale will end with the same question being again asked to the protagonist. Earlier I thought I will make the protagonist say ‘Nothing’ in the beginning and ‘Everything’ in the end, obviously signifying the change of attitude towards life. But I think making him (the protagonist) say ‘Nothing’ in the end as well will really make sure that people know that he is the hero from the start and I cant possibly write some ass-kicking character-developing subplots which will change his attitude for good. Now even saying ‘Nothing’ in reply to the question can be seen in two ways. One where the protagonist is really not much into taking things from someone as he is someone who believes in making things work for himself. Second, he just doesn’t need anything. As he already has everything. This two cases can very well form the beginning and end scenes of my story where the protagonist is asked the same questions and he replies in the same way.

 

Ok. I think I am making lots of sense lately. Not good for business. Anyway, Let’s see how we can make the ends meet.

8 comments:

  1. You can't be the judge in deciding what's good for business! Poora poora post likhna shuru kar plzzz :( Dimaag poora khol daal yahin! Or do you really want a publisher now? tell me! i will get one, you know how resourceful i am, don't you? ;)Nahi jaanta to jaan jaayeg mere bhaai!! Pehle poori story likh!! :)

     
  2. haan yaar. ab toh poora likh hee dun lag raha hai.

    waise all i can see in your comment is a bold, font size 40 'bhaai'.

    naat gud faar bijness!

     
  3. ha ha :P :D

     
  4. hmmmm
    it's good to have confused characters,coz then you don have to worry about confusing the readers...

    is there a part 2??

     
  5. yes.

    yes, its good because readers wont feel like fools.

    and yes there is second part. but the time of release remains ambiguous.

     
  6. Hi,
    I can see the words froTHING from your mind. I just wanted to ask one THING. Is it only noTHING or everyTHING he can ask or can he ask anyTHING? Is the protagonist loaTHING the idea? I hope I did not ask someTHING bad.
    Still breaTHING,
    Salil

     
  7. wheres part 2 dude?

     
  8. salil, only if you were a girl, you would have received this reply a month before. and you are a smart mouth, aren't you??? hehe. ofcourse he can ask anything. what do you want him to ask from god himself? blondes?

    gazal mam, dude!