So I watched Taare Zameen Par last evening. And it was good. I had heard so much about it that I was afraid that it might not bear the bojh of high expectations and I might be disappointed. The way it had turned out for Rang De Basanti. I mean I did like the movie. But I did not find it as great as some of you might want me to believe. And while I was desperately waiting for a movie that would make me cry like babies, it did make me weep a bit. And I am not sure if it was weeping that I did but I was almost at saturation point and one more ‘Tadaaaaak’ to Ishan Avasthi or one more scene of absolute happiness would have done the task.

 

Well. Second half of the movie was outstanding. Amir Khan rules. Hats off to the man.  

 

And You wont believe it but I had written the earlier part of this post in morning and its almost 8:30 in night now. And I would have to go. Aah but I gotta write about some more things about movies and a Japanese animation series ‘TOUCH.’ So this Saturday we (actually my friends) were watching Motorcycle Diaries on TV. And while I was busy watching ‘Touch’ I would have a look at the movie once in a while. So there is almost this last part of the movie where the heroes of this film are partying with nuns and priests in someplace in Peru. They had visited Peru to help them tackle leprosy and they did it with all their heart and were deservedly liked by the people their. So in the last part one of the heroes ask this nun to dance with him and as he is not quite gud at it he starts one of his own dances. And people suddenly stop and watch him dance and laugh resulting in an embarrassed look on his face. They stop dancing.  And he smiles. The nun smile. And all the people arounf them smile. And their eyes smile. It was such a beautiful scene. You know that people are happy. And they have nothing in their minds. They are not even bothered that this moment will not last forever. This I believe was a state of absolute happiness.

 

TOUCH. As the name suggests will touch you. Okk I will give a brief synopsis. But it cant be brief I guess. So I will write about it another post I guess.

 

Chalo!

 

2 comments:

  1. thats the problem with watching a movie when half the world has already watched it....the over hype kills it.glad you enjoyed the movie,and hope that you shall respect teachers more than ever before :)))
    abt the previous post
    i better not comment!!!!!

     
  2. gazal mam,

    exactly. but the movie managed to deliver. 160 bucks well spent!

    aur shikshako ke prati mere mann mein toh atyadhik aadar ka bhaav 'pata nahi kab se' hai. i have had honour of studying under the guidance of some of the best teachers. and no, they are not from iitb.

    its little off the topic, but still, i wud have definitely liked to study in one of your classes.

    abt the previous post, i kinda guesses as much. but if you had commented it wud have been superkool. :D