This is the perfect time to write a blog. Well not perfect ‘perfect’ exactly. A perfect instance of perfect ‘perfect’ time wud be the night when I had to submit my BTP project and instead I enjoyed writing a blog. Partly becus of defiance, but mostly because of frustration. This comes close to being a perfect time as I have no idea what I am going to write about. Well, I have become quite predictable lately and if you have any sixth sense you will know that I am going to talk about my blog. Isn’t it just ingenious? Writing blogs on blogs! I had something else to say too but I forgot. And it was quite amusing. I am sorry that you wont get to hear a really amusing story though.

okk! gud news. here I have got a topic finally. you know what I am listening to right now. ‘Husn hazir hai muhabbat ki sazaa pane ko, koi patthar se na maaro mere diwano ko!’ hehe! Okay, I am not laughing just becus the lyrics is very funny. Its also because I have watched this movie. Laila Majnu. Rishi Kapoor. Ranjeeta. hehe! And its not funny just because this movie is funny, its funny becus it brings back the sweet memory of my geeky childhood.

So as all less privileged kids must see, even we saw only Doordarshan in our childhood. We bole toh main, mera bhai, meri bahne. And my brother was a huge movie buff. He would go to small, crowded, disgusting, paan-masaale kee thook se bharpoor movie theatres at odd hours to watch movies. And given that our parents did not approve of our watching movies in ‘videos’ as they are called in our little sweet gaon, he had to search for excuses for being away from house for like three hours. So he wud took me with him. And we wud pretend that we were just playing in the corner of the street. hehe!! Paap Ki Duniya. Was the first movie that I watched in a video. HEHEHHE! And of course I liked it. In fact, I loved it. Sunny Dewal. (Yaa, he used to be Dewal back then!) Chunky Pan-de. Danny. Maar-dhaad se bharpoor. I wish I cud watch any movie in the same spirit again! Where you believe everything and anything. When you believe and feel proud kee ‘Sunny paji ke rahte tak hamaare desh ko koi khatra nahi hai!’ When you look forward to beating up a bunch of gundas to impress the girl of your dream and the next instant you realize that you wud never get any girl. When Mithun cut was the most favourite hair-cut for everyone. Or at least that is what I thot. And sulked at the thot of getting the ‘munda’(as in bald!) cut again the next time my dad took me to a salon. Shehanshah! I hope kee I wud be forgiven the sin of misspelling this name if thts the case. Agle dus din tak toh Shehanshah banke hee ghoome the hum! (As one of my roomies aptly said once!) I wud ask my friends (so naïve they were! they hadn’t even seen Shehanshah!) to ask me who I was, so that I cud tell them ‘Rishtey mein toh hum tumhare baap hote hain! Naam hai shehanshah! (Shehanshah!Shehanshah!)’ last two Shehanshahs were echos that are so obviously the case when a hero speaks. Mar Mitenge! Another gem of a pikchar. Mithun Chakravarti. Jeetendra. And a bunch of villains! I distinctly remember one scene where the gud guys ( led by Jeetendra of course sans Mithun) play football with the bad guys. And the bad guys do something to the football as in they play with a football made of iron or something so that if anyone hits the ball with his feet, his balls will scream! okk, a distinct ignorance for humorous humor is contrastingly visible wen I try to crack jokes! anyway, so the villains might have worn Steel shoes or something as I dint see anything happening to them. So obviously gud guys where getting their asses kicked as never before. the defeat seemed inevitable. but wait a sec! there came my hero! mithun. with ordinary shoes. and he was as efficient with his feet as sunny paaji is with his hand. Phir to it was just a matter of time before the bad guys get their asses kicked by football, Literally. (Steel ke joote toh pahan liye!who had thot that they wud need an ass-saving-devise as well!) Talking of sunny paaji, I was seeing this movie, most probably “Hero-The Love Story of A Spy!’ where I saw Sunny ji wielding a gun and running after aatankwadi. And I was like.. Sunny ji ko gun ki kya jaroorat hai. Very Funny! Indeed.

Anyway, I was talking about Laila Majnu. We went to an aunty’s house to watch this movie. And I was bored to death. I mean no maar-dhaad in a sunny-paji-way at all. Uper se rona dhona. But this was a flick. Coming on disk! (as we called the Cable connection, and still do!) So we had to watch it. And we watched it. We waited for rishi kapoor to die early. We just wanted him to show us a glimpse of the real hero that goes and gets the villain and his troops in a single blow. We were disappointed. Don’t doubt the concept of ‘Watching everything on TV whatever it may be!’. Krishi Darshan and That Concert about Classical Music (In English! :O) which used to come at around 8 on Saturday or Sunday nights??? We used to watch them too. I struggled and tried a lot to watch those damn cool serials which used to come at 9 in night, Reporter, Tahqiqat, Ek se Badhke Ek, wagairah, wagairah! But I wud never make it till 9. I wud invariably fall asleep between 8:30 and 9, wen they showed Hindi mein samachar then englsih mein news aur lak sabha tatha rajya sabha samaachar.

Time for a sutta break!

9 comments:

  1. mishti

    Hehe! sub aap logo ke aashirwaad ka asar hai!

    aah, movie dekho yaar! as many as possible! irrespective of wher they come from! or how bad they are!

     
  2. this post ROXS !!!
    remember watching all these movies,tofah...himatwala...desh premi,paap ki duniya....and that too many many times....!!!!videos were the order of the day then!!!!

    lagta hai assignment na karna readers ke liye kafi faidemand raha

    KEEP WRITING !!!!

     
  3. Gazal

    you HAVE watched paap ki duniya????????!!! meri aankhon mein toh khunsi ke aanshun aa gaye hain. Jis gali muhalle se guzaraa sabhi se poochha ki 'paap ki duniya' dekhi hai aur koi nahi mila! aaj aap mil gaye meri zindagi ka makshad poora ho gaya lagta hai. okk jyada ho raha hai lagta hai. but srsly, u also know abt videos! and you are a teacher?? how kool!!

    thanks! :D

     
  4. hey,everybody used to watch videos in that era,coz the cinemas were too full of paan and paan ke nishaan...

    teacher aur videos mein aise kaun si hairani ki baat hai.....
    ???

     
  5. arre we used to go those places with paan and paan ke nishaan! :D

    and my teachers never watched movies in videos, or did they?? ok, main bhool gaya tha ki teachers bhi insaan hote hain.

     
  6. tu toh bada popular ho gaya hai yaar! aur tehkikaat! kya serial tha na! tehkikaaaaaaaatt... yeh hai tehkikaaaaaaaat! :D

     
  7. Dhakkan

    //tu toh bada popular ho gaya hai yaar!
    abe udaa mat yaar. mujhe popular bolke popular logo ki mazaak mat udaai.

    Takikaaat. yeh hai tahkikaat. iska last episode dekha tha. mast tha! :D

     
  8. Hello !.
    You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
    There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
    AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
    Do you want to become really rich in short time?
    That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

    I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
    I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://wyvalyge.wtcsites.com/ipykexit.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

     
  9. Good day !.
    might , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
    There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
    The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
    Do you want to become really rich in short time?
    That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

    I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
    I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
    It`s easy to start , just click this link http://kijycyfaci.angelcities.com/eqamoj.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich