Aaj toh ek kavita likh ke hee rahunga. All my life I have believed that creativity mujhmein kut-kutke bhari padi hai. And poetry was something that I thot I cud do any given day. Give me a theme and I will write few smart lines that will aptly describe it. Like the way that homeless(that I have rightly assumed) poet used to do in 'Before Sunrise'. Or as in the movie 'Khoobsurat'(the old one). First things first. The lines must not rhyme. Mr Sameer has done much to make any writer of 'rhyming' songs become saram se pani-pani.

So here I go.

Confused.
Yet again?!
Never mind.
Losses and gains,
Or was it profit?
Or are they the same?
Depends.
Ambiguity,
Is beautiful.
Simplicity?
Contradictions??
Who cares!

That looks quite impressive. The only thing that remains is that I sud look for a kool name of this genre in which I am writing.

My posts are not funny anymore. I sud rather write about love. Do I have nothing in my life to write about. Or am I too ashamed/insecure to maintain a written record of them? Nice questions! Makes me look like the one who looks deeply under his own skin.(Did i just invent a new idiom or something?!)

AAh! Now I remember. Frustration. Was the main emotion that I have been going thruoutlast week. Or throughout life, may be. But I remember I was happy. Once or twice. After coming to bombay I mean. Like, when my mom told me that my score in the chemistry in 12th, when re-totaled, had gone up to 59 from 27.I always believed in miracles. Chhattisgarh State Board. They create them. The miracles, I meant. What a nerdy guy I used to be.Who feels happy for increased chemistry scores?! But now I am kool. When my CPI(CGPI, as they are often referred to in more reputed institutes!) crossed the Satti (7) mark I was only too disappointed to realize that it wont be six something now. I lived in hostel six. My chhakki was a tribute to my hostel. But they snatched it away from me. A little sigh of relief came on my face (where else can a sigh come???!!! :x) only when one of my friends regretted his un-achievement of not being a seven pointer after graduation. Thank you, my friend.

But now that I think real hard, I find I am miles away from being kool. Actually I didnt have to think that hard. I just had to watch this movie which will soon become one of my favourites.

Almost Famous. Dont miss the chance of seeing it if you get one.

A brief intro. This movie is about a rock band. A 15 years old boy, William, is given the chance of interviewing them. Lester Bangs is a reputed 'music critic' and acts like a mentor to William. This conversation takes place after William is in the middle of the tours that this band does and is quite unsure what to write.The band obviously wants william to write good things about it.

Lester Bangs: Aw, man. You made friends with them. See, friendship is the booze they feed you. They want you to get drunk on feeling like you belong.
William Miller: Well, it was fun.
Lester Bangs: They make you feel cool. And hey. I met you. You are not cool.
William Miller: I know. Even when I thought I was, I knew I wasn't.
Lester Bangs: That's because we're uncool. And while women will always be a problem for us, most of the great art in the world is about that very same problem. Good-looking people don't have any spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter.
William Miller: I can really see that now.
Lester Bangs: Yeah, great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love... and let's face it, you got a big head start.
William Miller: I'm glad you were home.
Lester Bangs: I'm always home. I'm uncool.
William Miller: Me too!
Lester Bangs: The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.
William Miller: I feel better.
Lester Bangs: My advice to you. I know you think those guys are your friends. You wanna be a true friend to them? Be honest, and unmerciful.


Now I dont get much of the conversation that's happening here but the 'not-getting-girls' part made me realize that I was unkool.

Movies. AAh. How do they make such wonderful movies! One day I will make one. I have two or three story lines also. In first one, all the actors I hire are new comers. And we are not sure which one is the real hero; while each one of the characters thinks that she(damn!) is the real hero. Only at the end of the movie will we know whis the real hero. Nice, na!

The other one will of course be the story of my life. I am reading 'Kane and Able' (Jeffry Archer) for last few days. And I think that that will be helpful wen I make the movie. I am disappointed here bcus if you havent read the novel you wont get the joke. yesss, there is a joke here. Subtle, as every joke must be. So whenever you finish reading that novel come back and re-read the post.

I gotta pee now!

4 comments:

  1. mishti
    he he! par chhaggi ki baat alag hee hai yaar.

    thanks!

     
  2. Haan???! :O

    I wud have hugged you if not for these perverts who believe that hugging is much more than just hugging.

    jyada ho gaya.

    anyway, i have been a chhaggi for seven consecutive semesters and i believe this occasion calls for a handsake!

    *Hand-sake!*

     
  3. lots of points to gather as a teacher from your post....found a new genre of poetry...a new idiom....
    the chagis and sattis remind me of the protagonist in five point someone.....

    by the way....another question about blogging...is one supposed to write comments for comments on ones' post...You mean people actually come back to read the comment pe comment...!!!!!

    CHA**I.....HAI SAHI JAWAB....am sure you'll get it this time....

     
  4. gazal

    hee hee! Ch****, of course. i dont usually encourage using asterisks but here even i am too blushed to write it in complete.Ch*DD* sud do as proof that i know.

    and ofcourse you are supposed to answer each of the comments, especially mine. you want your class to be interactive right?!