This post is special. Life is a sinusoidal curve. So they say. Those who are lucky will find the truth of this statement in others' lives. SOme unfortunate lot, like me, will get to learn it hard way. So, I remember, I was happy. Just this morning. I had got a call from my brother. Then I talked to a friend for another two minutes. Then I marched , my head held high, towards the office. Then I stopped. At Adigas. To have my daily dose of idli. Idali. eeeeeeeeee..ddddddddddd..lee. LEE se ek baat yaad aayee yaar. One of my friends has got the last name Gawali. So he will introduce himself as 'Jet Li.Bruce Li. Gawali.' Gowdness increasing as you go from left to right. A real studd. If u read his testimonial on orkut (written by another Gowd, btw) you wont be able to stop admiring this lots. I wud have copy pasted the testimonial if orkut was not blocked here. anyway, it went like that.

Godfather (Gawali, the Gawdest God in all the 'Li's is also know as Godfather! A big and rumored story behind that!) ko toh aishi ladki chahiye jinhe yeh ek kheech kar tamaacha maarein toh woh Godfather ko usse bhi jyada kheechkar ek tamaacha maare, taki GOdfather ko teesri baar tamaacha maarne ka mazaa aa sake.


Talking of 'Lee's, I wud also like to add one of the many incidents that so frequently occur in the houses of gawds. we were watching 20/20 world cup semifinal. India vs Australia. or was it the match after the one-day series, played at mumbai?? Anyway, dash that. So indians were doing quite gud. and in commentary box we had legendary Arun. Unhone kaha, and I quote, "Australia kee bowling utni kharab nahi hai. par jab yuvraj(or watever) bat kar rahe hon toh unhe rokna naamumkin hai. phir woh chahe Brat Lee hon yaa." and he stopped. Akhir Brat jaise mahaan khiladi ki tulane kisi aur insaan se kaise kiya jaa sakta tha?? But we didnt. That is we did not stop. And one of my roommates said 'Phir chahe woh Brat Lee hon yaa Bruce Lee.' And we laughed.

Ok. This post is special. Not becus what I have written till now. it wud be special because of something that i am gonna write now. My brother was here in Bangalore for two days. Some work came up and he had to leave on Friday itself. We had so desperately wanted to watch a movie; 'Jab we met' to be specific. But as you have guessed rightly, we could not watch it. Anyway, so i had to book his flights. And the little gaon that we live in, does not have any direct flight from or to Bangalore. So he had to stop for the night in Mumbai. And my one of my bhai's clossest friends live in Mumbai but given that he wud arrive at mumbai during rush hour, I was not quite keen about my bhai staying at his friend's place. So I asked one of my lukkha friends on Gmail, 'Abe goregaon airport ke nazdeek hai kya?' and he said,'mostly yes! but ask Pondy!'As apparent from here, pondy seems to be someone's name. and Pondy, the word itself, cud very easily be the most famous word in an IIT. You shout Pondy on a mic from top of a hillock and you will see tens of Pondies ('Pondy's is sooooo un-creative!) coming out of each hostel. Pondy. Someday I will write a book on Pondy.

Anyway, The Pondy; talked about here, is one of my friends. One of my very closest friends. No word that i wud ever write wud give even a glimpse of what we share. He is the kind of guy, that guys become gay for. TCL. Tender Caring Love, comes to mind. Anyway, this post is not about me finally announcing my sexual orientation on a public forum. So pondy lives in Mumbai. At Goregaon to be specific. And I called him up. And we worked it out. My brother has safely reached our gaon now, after staying with Pondy for a nite. And I was really happy. I had told my brother that he will be staying with one of the best guys that i know in this world. And today he called me at 8 from airport. And he said kee pondy bahut achha ladka hai and that he went to watch 'Jab We Met' with him. And I felt happy. The kind of happiness that a girl gets wen her great-boyfriend has been approved by her parents, just what she had expected. And i think I wud have written more on the greatness of my boyfriend Pondy if he was not reading this post of mine. Yeah, he is one of the select fives. But I think i am happy that he wud read it.

Anyway, the post started off with idli. and rarely it may be, but this time it was not irrelevant. I was eating same old idli when I looked at this pamphlet that talked about one 19k cellfone being sold at 6k at one of the UniverCell outlets. Inaugural Offer, they called it. I stopped eating my idli. and went to the shop. and i found out offer was correct. I asked if there was any Black color model available. they said 'No'. i asked if there was any white color model available? They said 'NO!'. I asked if there was any other model with color other then 'Pink' available? They said 'No'. So I bought a Pink LG KG800. but the offer was two tempting. So I said, 'wtf, gimmi two of these.' Then they got me the bill. 12k. then I said, 'wtf, gimmi another one.' and so i had three pink cellfones with me. earlier i had cracked a joke on the pinkness of cell fones on how it might have been targetted for the gay segment of society. i had been polite enough a moment later and said sorry for cracking a nonveg joke. they said it was ok. yes, i was happy. as I was told another moment later I was the first customer at their outlet. and i wud eventually receive the mobilefones from some chairman himself. The MD held a little QA session with me. As in who was my favourite actress and i said 'amrita arora!' the lady at the presentation mike helped the MD with the name. I think its an Hindi (or was it Indian??!) movie actress. I thot I sud have said Pamela Anderson. no. Tory Lane. Anyway, he asked me why AA was my favourite actress and i said, 'bcus she is a fantastic actress.' no body laughed. anyway, i got to eat a lot of taufis and a laddu. the girl with 'thali of laddus' smiled. and i smiled back. every body shook hands with me. 'u are the first customers. do visit us again,' said one of the random man that i shook hands with. and i said 'so do i now get a discount thruout my life?'. and everybody laughed. and I was happy. everybody thanked me for gracing their store with my auspicious presence. and i said it was a pleasure. and i walked out of the store. and i was happy.

but knowledge. 'ignorance is a bliss.'they dont say it for nothing. And as i browsed thru the net i found out tht current MRP of the fone is 11k and can be bought frm the market in around 9k. Believe me it is not as funny as it sounds in your head. khoon ke aanshun ro raha hun main. Maa ghar mein intezaar kar rahi hai kee 'beta, pardesh se paisa kamaa ke aayega.' aur maine saare paise mobiles mein udaa diye. #@!#@#@!$#@$$%%^%%^%^%$^&&! if you didnt get any of the last typed letters its because it was me crying and i dont know how to express it on this goddoomed text-editor.

anyway, this post is especial. not becus i am a goddamn ducking loser. but becus here I gaat to write abt Pondy. And I am happy. I guess.

9 comments:

  1. abe kya karun yaar?! humor koo kootke bhara hai mere ander. controll hee nahi hota.

    thank you!

     
  2. sahi hai launde... ye baat mujhe salesperson ne nahi batayi ki wahan aapka swagat baratiyon ki tarah kiya gaya..bas pan-parag missing tha.. :D
    To the comment readers..this was what I heard of!
    As I was being showed the pamphlet I guessed something fishy was going on in there..so I tried to move out by saying that i want to see the model's features since my friend has bought it; as the salesperson was not ready to open the packing. And while i was going out I asked what all colours were available..n he responded "Sir this pink only"
    n then he asked is your friend from raipur..n i nodded . He went further saying "He was our first customer and he bought three sets."
    That was it. I was laughing like a mad-man. :D :P

     
  3. abe but why wer you laffing?? pink is the latest color in my friend. abhi dekho kitne launde phansaata hun main!

     
  4. BRAVO BOY....for showing the world that REAL men bhi pink pasand kar te hai!!!!

    what are you planning to do with THREE PINK CELLPHONES....???

     
  5. gazal mam

    that is a very ghud question.

    Let's see!

    juggling?

    ab maine trend set kar diya hai. ab sirf pink color ke fone kee bikenge mkts mein.

     
  6. donst!!! tumhara greatest blog ever padh kar mere aansoo nahi ruk rahe .....tum matlab ,kaise kar sakte ho aisa .....dost i had thought sometime when i was a frequent visitor in ur room during our IIT days ki i'll never read or comment a blog (ofcourse the reason was u reading blogs all night all day long :P pagalon ki tarah) but tumhare is blog ne mujhe mazboor kar diya......u rock dost,big time !!!

     
  7. vijju

    donst! tumne comment bhi kar diya! ab mere aanshun bhi roke nahi ruk rahe hain! dost, baadh naa aa jaaye kahin!

    thanks be! never before had anyone been so adorable a lier!

     
  8. dooossstt.... crack man... u made me remember of the gud old days when u were my roompartner... ur biggest mistake as far as i remember is the one where u were watching pondy in CC.. but KUDOS to you dear.. u broke the record.. i think it wud be a shame if i don't write a novel in ur name... shud i?....

     
  9. thankyou! thankyou!

    i am getting better with my age. just like old wine!

    aur woh incident yaad dilane ke liye shukriya! (u bastard!)